Since piracy hit the Zambian music scene, Zambian artists have looked to live shows has the main source of income.
Unfortunately, live shows are linked to large audiences. So when the outbreak began in Zambia and large gatherings were banned, the music industry was one of the most affected industries.
This ban literally cut out the major source of income for Zambian musicians.
Although this has given rise to virtual concerts, the income earned from them can not be compared to that earned during live shows.
The reason for making that video, he said, was to prepare upcoming artists for fame.
Some of the key reasons he pointed out were:
- Believing in hand to mouth kind of lifestyle.
- Putting all eggs in one basket: for example depending entirely on live shows for income.
- Not living within their means: B Flow pointed out that many artists like to portray a lavish lifestyle instead of saving and investing.
- Politically inclined income: Many zambian artists have become political tools as a way to earn money.
- Self Isolation and poor networking
He said, “alone you will go fast. But together we will go far.”